Early Childhood Learning and Primary Level
Laying the foundation
Our journey begins with an early childhood learning programme and continues in primary school, we encourage students to realise that education opens up opportunities for a better life.
- Inspiring the next generation: We arrange for Engage students, who are now in college, to return to their former primary schools to help inspire young students to engage with learning and think about career opportunities that education offers.
- Rewarding engagement: We recognise and celebrate students who are making a genuine effort, class teachers identify these students who are then recognised and rewarded.
- Engaging parents: Parents are invited to attend award ceremonies with their children held in third level colleges, meet undergraduates and learn about third-level options for their children and learn about sources of financial support that make college a possibility for low income families.
- Encouraging reading: We arrange for primary school students to visit book shops and libraries for dramatic book readings. We also introduce fun reading projects where appropriate.
- Connecting families: Through our events the whole family has the opportunity to meet and connect with other aspiring families, and to engage with and support others in their educational journey.
- Third Level Links: Links with third level colleges are established, student and parent participation in college events encouraged.
- Inspiring Programmes: Stimulating programmes that open young minds to new ideas and learning are encouraged such as Lego Technico, Coder Dojo, Mindset Programmes etc.